Frequently Asked Questions
Step by Step Purchasing Guide
1.Checklist for Cemetery
- Each Cemetery has their own requirements in regards to what type of headstones and monuments they accept. Please refer to our checklist to bring to the cemetery to find out exactly what is required in regards to size, shape, color, and other specific details.
2. Provide us the checklist
- Once you receive the checklist information from the cemetery, you can begin the ordering process. Choose one of our headstones that comply with the cemetery’s specifications. If you are unsure, please call us and we will be happy to guide you in the right direction.
3. Choose a Design our Design Gallery
- At this point, you will be fully educated on which monuments and headstones you will be able to purchase based on the cemetery requirements. Upon ordering you will be directed to our custom designer where you will be able to completely design your headstone. Any artwork or photos not found in our database will incur additional charges. Please call to verify.
4.Proof and approval process
- Once we receive your order with the fully designed headstone, we will move into the proof process. Our professional design team will take your design and make any changes they deem necessary to ensure that all of the text, designs, and pictures are fully uniform. Usually, this consists of just centering text and pictures so it could be completely balanced. You can be provided with a layout proof of what your headstone will look like for an additional $80. The proof process comes with 2 free revisions. Any extra revisions will have a $25 fee per revision. Note: All special shape headstones purchased will come with a free layout proof.
5. Production stage
- Once the proof is completed, the headstone will go into production. Flat headstones typically take between 2-4 weeks to complete depending on stock availability. All other shapes take between 2-24 weeks to complete depending on stock availability. We do our best to keep as many stones we can in stock. All stones in stock take between 2-4 weeks. Please call to confirm stock if needed. Once produced, delivery takes between 1-7 business days.
6. Once Delivered
- It is important to notify the cemetery when to expect the headstone to be delivered. In most cases, the cemetery will provide installation themselves. If they don’t, be sure to ask them any recommended local installers. They usually always have a list. You will be provided tracking information and will have access to our 24 hour customer service line.
How is my order being shipped?
- All of our headstones are shipped safely crated in wooden boxes and shipped with common or freight carriers. We can ship to cemetery’s, other business’s, or residences. Shipping to residences may incur an additional fee with freight carriers.
How is the Headstone produced?
- During the ordering process, you select the artwork and text that will be applied to your Headstone.
- Your selected artwork and text is then sandblasted into the granite.
- A coat of paint is applied to the sandblasted areas on the marker. All grey markers will be painted black
and all other color markers will be painted white.
When will my order ship?
All in stock items take between 2-4 weeks to ship. All others take between 2-24 weeks. Please call us to confirm stock.
How long will it take to receive my order once it ships?
Shipping times take between 1-7 business days depending on destination.
What is a Headstone? Is it the same thing as a tombstone?
Several terms are used to refer to Headstones. These include headstone, gravestone, marker, flat marker, grave marker, grass marker, memorial, monument and tombstone.
Does Signature Headstones install Headstones?
Signature Headstones does not install headstones. We manufacture and ship your stone to the residence, business or cemetery that you specify in your order. For orders larger than flat 24″x12″x4″ (excluding Imperial Black), delivery drivers are NOT required to unload the stone from the truck. Someone MUST be present during delivery to sign for the stone and unload it from the truck. Failure to comply may result in a failed delivery attempt and additional charges being billed to the purchaser.If the cemetery you have selected does not install the headstone there are usually local monument companies that can be contracted to do the installation work. Most cemeteries require the family prior to the headstone being shipped pay any setting fees. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to pay all fees prior to shipment. Failure to pay applicable fees may result in the rejection of the delivery of your headstone.
Can I add a picture to my Headstone?
Yes, a picture can be added to any Headstone. Signature Headstones has a large selection of sizes and shapes of Ceramic Pictures as well as an option to add an engraved photo. Note: Engraved photos can only be added to Imperial Black colored stones only.
How do I pay for my Headstone?
You may purchase a Headstone from our site with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover or with your PayPal account. Our online credit card processing is encrypted for your security. If you would prefer to speak with one of our representatives please call us at (800) 388-2853
Does the Price include shipping?
Yes, Free shipping in the continental USA.
How much is Lettering?
Unlimited lettering is included in price and well as design.
What is the average cost for setting stone?
That depends on size and type. Flat Marker setting fees $150-$500, Uprights $800-$1500.
Are there any additional fees?
All Headstones ordered include everything at one low price:
- Personalized Lettering (No per letter charge)
- Large selection of graphics and designs
- Shipping anywhere in the Continental United States
Ceramic or Engraved Pictures and Custom Artwork are available for an additional cost. Layout proofs are also available for an additional fee of $80 and include 2 revisions. Please Contact Us for more information and pricing.
The cemetery that the Headstone will be placed in may have a setting fee associated with installing your Headstone. This fee is set by the cemetery and paid by you directly to the cemetery. Please contact your cemetery for more information.