Frequently Asked Questions
Step by Step Purchasing Guide
1.Checklist for Cemetery
- Each Cemetery has their own requirements in regards to what type of headstones and monuments they accept. You will be provided a checklist from us to bring to the cemetery to find out exactly what is required in regards to size, shape, color, and other specific details.
2. Provide us the checklist
- Once you receive the checklist information from the cemetery, email or fax the form directly to us. Once the checklist is reviewed, we will provide you with all available headstone and monument options for you to choose from.
3. Choose a Design our Design Gallery
- At this point, you will be fully educated on which monuments and headstones you will be able to purchase based on the cemetery requirements. You will be directed to our custom Design Gallery website where you will be able to pick and choose your headstone, design, font, endearment, epitaphs, and photos.
4.Proof and approval process
- Once we receive your feedback on your required specifications, we will move into the proof and approval process. You will be provided with a design layout of what your headstone will look like (based on your requirements). The proof process comes 2 free revisions (if you choose a custom border). All other orders will have a $25 fee per revision.
5. Production stage
- Once the proof is approved by you, the order will go into production. Production takes about 14 business days. Once produced , delivery takes about 3-7 business days.
6. Once Delivered
- It is important to notify the cemetery when to expect the headstone to be delivered. In most cases, the cemetery will provide installation for a small fee. You will be provided tracking information and will have access to our 24 hour customer service line.
How is my order being shipped?
- Flat Markers from 12″ x 8″ – 24″ x 12″ are shipped via FedEx Ground Delivery
- Larger headstones and monuments are shipped on a pallet through a trucking company due to their size and
- Shipping times vary depending on shipping destination. Tracking information will be emailed to you once
your order ships.
Do Flat Granite Headstones include a base?
Flat Headstones do not include a base. Each flat granite Headstone is a single piece with no base
How is the Headstone produced?
- During the ordering process, you select the artwork and text that will be applied to your Headstone.
- Your selected artwork and text is then sandblasted into the granite.
- A coat of paint is applied to the sandblasted areas on the marker. All grey markers will be painted black
and all other color markers will be painted white.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in stock items will ship 2 weeks after the approval of the design. All orders received after hours will begin production the next business day.
How long will it take to receive my order once it ships?
Shipping times vary based on destination. In general orders take 5-7 business days to arrive.
What is a Headstone? Is it the same thing as a tombstone?
Several terms are used to refer to Headstones. These include headstone, gravestone, marker, flat marker, grave marker, grass marker, memorial, monument and tombstone.
How heavy is a granite Headstone?
Headstones weights vary depending on size, thickness and color. For example our most common Headstone is a 24″ x 12″ x 3″ in Grey. Headstone weights range from 86 lbs. to over 1,000 pounds in some of the larger styles.
Does Signature Headstones install Headstones?
Signature Headstones does not install headstones. We manufacture and ship your stone to the residence, business or cemetery that you specify in your order. For orders larger than flat 24″x12″x4″ (excluding Imperial Black), delivery drivers are NOT required to unload the stone from the truck. Someone MUST be present during delivery to sign for the stone and unload it from the truck. Failure to comply may result in a failed delivery attempt and additional charges being billed to the purchaser.If the cemetery you have selected does not install the headstone there are usually local monument companies that can be contracted to do the installation work. Most cemeteries require the family prior to the headstone being shipped pay any setting fees. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to pay all fees prior to shipment. Failure to pay applicable fees may result in the rejection of the delivery of your headstone.
Can I add a picture to my Headstone?
Yes, a picture can be added to any Headstone. Signature Headstones has a large selection of sizes and shapes of Headstone. Please contact us for sizes and pricing.
How do I pay for my Headstone?
You may purchase a Headstone from our site with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover or with your PayPal account. Our online credit card processing is encrypted for your security. If you would prefer to speak with one of our representatives please call us at (800) 323-1254
What is the cost of a Headstone, Monument, Memorial, Upright or Grave Marker?
Prices vary starting at $134.00 for a very small flat stone and up from there.
Infant Headstones: 12″ x 8″ x 3″ from $149, 16″ x 8″ x 3″ from $204
Pet Headstones: 12″ x 8″ x 3″ from $149, 16″ x 8″ x 3″ from $204
Flat Headstones: 20″ x 10″ x 3″ from $304, 24″ x 12″ x 3″ from $444, 24″ x 12″ x 4″ from $484, 28″ x 16″ x 3″ from $664, 28″ x 16″ x 4″ from $724, 36″ x 14″ x 4″ from $819
Our complete catalog Granite Headstones, Monuments and Memorials is available upon request
The cost of a custom size, color or design beyond what is available in our Online Headstones Designer will vary depending on the specific request.
Does the Price include shipping?
Yes, Free shipping in the continental USA.
How much is Lettering?
Unlimited lettering is included in price and well as design.
What is the average cost for setting stone?
That depends on size and type. Flat Marker setting fees $150-$500, Uprights $800-$1500.
Are there any additional fees?
All Headstones ordered through the Honor Life Online Catalog include everything at one low price:
- Personalized Lettering (No per letter charge)
- Large selection of graphics and designs
- Shipping anywhere in the Continental United States
- Sales Tax
Ceramic Pictures and Custom Artwork are available for an additional cost. Please Contact Us for more information and pricing.
The cemetery that the Headstone will be placed in may have a setting fee associated with installing your Headstone. This fee is set by the cemetery and paid by you directly to the cemetery. Please contact your cemetery for more information.